Olivier Douliery/Abaca Press/TNS
Olivier Douliery/Abaca Press/TNS

Follow these social media accounts

School spirit at Wake Forest is shown in more ways than one.

While you’ll see plenty of your fellow deacs wearing black and gold apparel and sporting WFU stickers on their laptops and car bumpers, our love for Mother So Dear has stretched far beyond the realm of attire and accessories found in the Deacon Shop. 

Whether you are a foodie, fashionista or simply like to stay informed on local and national news, Wake Forest offers a variety of social media accounts for you to explore and follow here on campus:

Our personal favorite, the Old Gold & Black news updates can be found all across social media.

Whether you prefer Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, the Old Gold & Black is there to give you the latest updates on campus news, Demon Deacon sports, fashion trends, health tips and a variety of other topics.

Spoon WFU

Follow Spoon WFU on Instagram for mouthwatering photos of food from your local restaurants in and around Wake Forest.

Spoon WFU also has a Facebook page where Wake Forest students write articles on food trends, exercise and much more.

Pitstagram

You’ll soon find that the Pit can be repetitive if you don’t get creative with the options available.

Follow Pitstagram on Instagram for creative meals that are easy enough to make yourself.

Whether it’s a waffle and egg sandwich or a fresh watermelon and goat cheese salad, Pitstagram has got you covered on your campus foodie needs.

WFU Style

If you love fashion, photography and art, you’ll want to follow this chic Instagram account.

Follow WFU Style for your latest fashion trends on and off campus as well as to get your daily fix of art and culture decorating downtown Winston-Salem.

WFU Bananas

Yep, this account is exactly what it sounds like. Catch your friends in the oh-so-scandalous act of eating a banana and submit it to the WFU Bananas Instagram account. Here, you’ll find fellow classmates eating bananas candidly or fully in preparation for this monumental moment.

Wake Forest Magazine

Parents and alumni alike delight in the quarterly publication of all things Wake Forest.

From informative interviews and news to quirky stories and stunning photographs, follow Wake Forest Magazine on Twitter and Instagram for your fix of Mother So Dear. Be sure to check out the sleek stacks of Wake Forest Magazine this fall.

While your first few weeks will be filled with new friend requests and followers on social media, remember to explore the unique variety of accounts already available to you through other involved students on campus.