Zick’s adds variety to classic options

Just as the fall semester of classes begins, Zick’s has finally revealed Phase III of its three-step renovation. The final phase spices up the variety of flatbreads and beers offered for customers.

Students will now be able to customize their flatbreads with their choice of sauce, cheese and up to four toppings from a list of 20 options.

These toppings include a variety of meats, mushrooms, vegetables and even black beans.

Additionally, if students so choose, they can add these new toppings to their favorite existing flatbreads such as the Couch Tomato, Thai-tanic, Puff Daddy, Come Meat Zick, Margaritaville or Ken & Barbie-Q.

These customizable flatbreads, like the signature flatbreads, are also just an old gold swipe or $6.99 in food dollars.

In addition, Zick’s will now feature different beers each month, rotating the different drafts they have on tap.

However, just like all alcoholic beverages sold at on-campus dining venues, Deacon Dollars or cash are required to purchase them, and students must be 21 or older to consume alcohol.

Following the trend of other restaurants on campus, Zick’s will also be using Tapingo, a downloadable app that allows students to pre-order their food and then pick their order up from the counter when they arrive.

Students can sync their meal plan to their Tapingo account and select the time they would like to pick up their food.

Once their order is placed, the restaurant workers receive a notification with the student’s order, prepare it and have it waiting on the counter when the student arrives.

This gives students the ease of picking up meals in between classes and the freedom to skip the long lines that often haunt on-campus dining options.

These new options, as well as the introduction of Tapingo, continue to further the improvements that were made last year.

Previously, Phase I introduced new alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage options. Phase II followed with extended menu options, including new signature flatbreads and salads. 

These new enhancements conclude the three-phase plan that was designed to bring more students to the pizza parlor located on the upper quad.