Reynolda Village restaurant provides homey experience

If you ever feel like you need a change of scenery or want to get off campus for a meal, there is an easy, affordable and delicious solution to these thoughts that so many Wake Forest students have probably already had.

Reynolda Village is home to a variety of Winston-Salem’s most popular restaurants, and lucky for us, they are only a five minute walk away. From dumplings, to steak, to chicken parmesan, Reynolda Village has it all.

Silo Bistro & Bar, which opened in March of 2015, offers a relaxing atmosphere both inside and out, as well as a menu full of diverse and healthy lunch and dinner options.

The dishes run from around 9-12 dollars, so although it is not quite as easy as swiping your student ID, it won’t put too much of a dent in your wallet.

Silo’s baked brie is a popular appetizer that is perfect to share with a friend or two. It comes with a hearty wedge of  warm cheese wrapped in crunchy phyllo pastry and topped with caramel. It is served with green apple pieces and sliced bread. This item is on their menu year-round, and it makes for a treat no matter the season.

The caprese salad is a fresh and guilt-free entrée. It is served with mixed greens, tossed with balsamic-basil vinaigrette and topped with homemade mozzarella cheese and heirloom tomatoes.

It also comes with a piece of toasted herb focaccia that is drizzled with pesto. You can also add your choice of protein on top, whether you’re in the mood for shrimp, salmon, chicken or steak.

You can also enjoy a taste of North Carolina cooking with “The Southerner” sandwich. This sandwich consists of a Gambino roll topped with rotisserie chicken, pimento cheese, maple pepper bacon, sprouts and tomato. It also comes with a side which can be homemade pasta salad, coleslaw, kettle chips, couscous, tomato cucumber salad or fresh fruit.

Silo will satisfy both picky and adventurous eaters, as well as everyone in between with its countless creative options and homey atmosphere. While the weather is still warm, enjoy the short walk along the trail, and get a table outside overlooking beautiful Reynolda Village. You can also sit inside and see the rich history of what used to be the village’s cow barn. Even in the winter time, it is worth braving the cold for this dining experience.

Whether you miss having a home-cooked meal, feel like you need a change of pace from the on-campus dining options or aren’t a fan what is on the menu at the Pit, walk on over to the village: it won’t disappoint.