Emily Beauchamp/Old Gold & Black
Emily Beauchamp/Old Gold & Black

Puppies on Campus

Students see dogs all over the Wake Forest campus but no one really knows what these puppies like to do with their time outside of class. Here is some insight to the secret lives of dogs on campus.

Annie

Hey — my name is Annie. I am a purebred Golden Retriever puppy. I absolutely love my sushi toy; I play with it every day. I really appreciate Kellen Datta and Dana Leavitt for walking me every single day. I love to see the beautiful Wake Forest campus. Whenever I see someone I run up to them as fast as I can and scream “pet me, pet me, pet me.”

Bucky

Howdy, my name is Bucky and I am 14 years old — that’s 98 years old in human years. I love when my owners Steve and Pamela Carr give me my chewys to eat. They walk me all the way to Hearn Plaza from Faculty Drive twice a day. I am very happy to be with my family; they rescued me when I was little. I am a Springer Spaniel and Australian Shepard mix and I never leave home without my Wake Forest collar and leash. “It’s been a good life.”

Caia

Hello my darlings, my name is Caia and “I’m the queen of dogs.” I am a purebred Siberian Husky and I love to play with my favorite toy, a stuffed possum. My owner Sydney Carter walks me every day and I love to play fetch on the pretty green fields. Sometimes my friends tell me I’m like a robot because I don’t show a lot of emotion, but I get really excited when I see other dogs.

Tito

Hey, Hi! My name is Tito and I am a Mini Pinscher, Feist and Rat Terrier mix. I’m super hyper and love to run around and be free. I get really excited when I see other people and my favorite toy is my kong when it’s filled with peanut butter. In my free time I like hanging out with my friends. When my owner Mary Glenn West takes me for walks I like to look for sticks.