Wake Forests new, non-binding early action option for first-generation students will take effect this year (Henry Bonilla/Old Gold & Black Archives)
Wake Forest’s new, non-binding early action option for first-generation students will take effect this year (Henry Bonilla/Old Gold & Black Archives)

Wake Forest ranked 27th by U.S. News & World Report

Wake Forest was ranked 27th among more than 300 national universities by “U.S. News & World Report” this week in their annual national university rankings.

Wake Forest has now been ranked in the top 30 of this list for 21 consecutive years and maintained its ranking at 27th from last year to this year.

In more specific rankings Wake Forest placed 28th in Best Value Schools, up from 30th last year and fifth in Best Undergraduate Teaching. Additionally, it was ranked 36th under High School Counselors’ Top Picks and 38th in Business Programs.

Topping the list this year are Princeton University at first, Harvard University in second, and the University of Chicago tied with Yale University for third. Wake Forest comes in behind Carnegie Mellon University, the University of California at Los Angeles and the University of Virginia, all of which were tied at 24th.

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was ranked 30th right behind Wake Forest. Also within the state, Duke University was ranked eigth on the list, as well as North Carolina State at 92nd.

Last year, the rankings by “U.S. News & World Report” noted Wake Forest’s 11 to one student to faculty ratio, which is reported to have decreased to 10 to one this year. Also noted are the university’s high graduation rate, admission exclusivity, study abroad rate and exceptionally small class sizes, which are the smallest of the top 30 schools.