New OGB Leadership Prepares For The Year

As we transition into a new decade, the Editorial Board of the Old Gold & Black is looking forward to a year filled with growth, innovation and a continued dedication to reporting on the events of our campus.

Junior Olivia Field, who previously served as News and Life Editor, will succeed senior Lillian Johnson as Editor-in-Chief. She will be joined on the executive editorial staff by junior Emily Beauchamp, who will serve as Print Managing Editor following her role as Life Editor for four semesters and junior Elizabeth Maline, who will begin her role as Online Managing Editor after working as News Editor.

Sophomore Caroline Walker will lead the News section after three semesters as Assistant News Editor, joined by senior Lillian Johnson as Senior News Adviser. In the Sports section, Amanda Wilcox will take over as editor with the aid of freshmen Ben Conroy and Will Zimmerman, who will be Assistant Sports Editors. After semesters abroad, Juniors Jack Portman and Catherine Regen will take on the Opinion and Life sections, respectively. 

A primary goal for this upcoming year is to expand the content of our website to more than a repository for our print articles. As many publications have already done, we are working to launch a multimedia section that we hope will feature content from podcasts to filmed interviews and recurring series. As we look forward to continuing to provide fair and unbiased news to the university community, we are also eager to take the Old Gold & Black website in a new direction as we adapt to the changing world of journalism. 

The Old Gold & Black is also unique in that we are still able to publish a weekly print edition. To make the most of this privilege, the Editorial Board plans to continue reimaging our approach to layouts and graphics — incorporating color, art and imagery whenever possible. 

While our office is somewhat hidden on the fifth floor of Benson University Center, it has become the epicenter of many of our lives. As we focus in on our upcoming year, the staff of the Old Gold & Black is looking forward to welcoming more of our peers into our beloved organization. To do so, we are working to increase our recruitment and outreach efforts. If writing for the student newspaper has ever interested you, be on the look out for information on getting involved on our social media and around campus. Deciding to come up to the office changed many of our lives, and it might just change yours too.