Letter from Student Body President Pilar Agudelo

Student Government president expresses her gratitude

Courtesy of Pilar Agudelo

Pilar Agudelo sits at her desk in the Student Government Office.

Pilar Agudelo, Student Body President

Dear Wake Forest Student Body,

As my term as your Student Body President comes to an end, I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude for the opportunity to serve and represent all 5,500 of you. It has been an honor and a privilege to work alongside such a talented and passionate community of students, and I am deeply grateful for the trust and confidence you placed in me to lead.

As I reflect on my time as your Student Body President, I am proud to have been the first openly bisexual woman to hold this position at Wake Forest University and one of the few Latina women to serve in this role. It is an honor to have been a trailblazer and to have represented an important aspect of the diversity of our student body. 

Moreover, I am humbled to have served as the 100th Student Body President at Wake Forest. This milestone is a testament to the long and storied history of our university. It is a reminder of the great responsibility that comes with serving as a leader within our community. Throughout my tenure, I have sought to honor this legacy by working to foster a campus culture that values inclusivity, respect, and collaboration.

I am especially grateful for the countless individuals who have dedicated their time and energy to make our campus a better place, from the dedicated staff and faculty members who have worked tirelessly to support our academic and personal growth to the student leaders who have advocated for our needs and priorities.

My time in this position has filled me with a sense of gratitude and optimism for the future of our community. I know that the Wake Forest student body will continue to thrive and achieve great things in the years to come. I am excited to see what the future holds for us all. Both on this campus and out in the world.

Thank you again for the incredible privilege of serving as your Student Body President. It has been an unforgettable experience, and I will cherish the memories and friendships I have made here for the rest of my life.

Sincerely,

Pilar Agudelo

Wake Forest Student Body President