Police Beat

Police+Beat

COVID-19 Violations/Underage Consumption/Drug Offenses

Editor’s note: A mention of an assault is contained within this police beat. Reader discretion is advised.

• WSPD and WFUPD responded to a party on Wakefield Drive with approximately 120 people. One student was found drinking underage, but no citations were issued. The report was filed at 11:17 p.m. on Aug. 19.

• A student who was drinking in Deacon Place was found on Allen Easley Street. The student was transported to WFU Baptist Medical Center by emergency services. The report was filed at 2:29 p.m. on Aug. 20.

• Students were found drinking vodka in South. One student was severely intoxicated, but refused emergency medical services. That student was later taken to the hospital by their RA. The other students were not nearly as intoxicated. The report was filed at 9:39 p.m. on Aug. 20.

• An intoxicated student in Polo assaulted an RA. The student was taken to WFU Baptist Medical Center. The RA refused to press charges. The report was filed at 7:23 a.m. on Aug. 21.

• An underage student hit their head on a grill while intoxicated at Theta Chi. The student checked themselves into WFU Baptist Medical Center, but they later left after learning of the hospital’s nine-hour wait time. The report was filed at 12:30 a.m. on Aug. 22.

Miscellaneous

• A tractor/trailer hit a bench near Campus Grounds. The report was filed at 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 9.