Police Beat

Police+Beat

COVID-19 Violations/Underage Consumption/Drug Offenses

• An underage student consumed four White Claws at the DKE house. The student refused medical treatment. The report was filed at 2:31 a.m. on Aug. 26.

• An RA in Babcock reported a party and loud talking with possible underaged consumption. A student consented to a search of their room, and a bottle of vodka was found and poured out. The report was filed at 1:27 a.m. on Aug. 28.

• A Winston-Salem Police Department officer observed a student urinating in public at the corner of Long and Student Drives. The student was found to have consumed alcohol underage at another location. A citation was issued. The report was filed at 1:41 a.m. on Aug. 28.

• An RA in Dogwood reported an odor of cannabis. Officers checked the area and found nothing, but came back later and found cannabis. The report was filed at 10:56 p.m. on Aug. 29.

• An underage student was found downtown by two students after having consumed alcohol. The student was found in a ditch, sick and unresponsive. The students took a Lyft back to campus, where the student was checked by emergency medical personnel and cleared to return to their dorm room. The report was filed at 1:10 a.m. on Aug. 29.

Miscellaneous

• An unknown subject removed a pair of AirPods from someone’s purse near Reynolda Hall. The report was filed at 3:08 p.m. on Aug. 23.

• A subject was observed in a lower lot on Student Drive looking into cars. The subject had outstanding arrest warrants and was taken into custody by Winston-Salem police. The report was filed at 1:01 p.m. on Aug. 25.

• An unknown subject took a MacBook from a student’s room in North Campus Appartments. The report was filed at 3:58 p.m. on Aug. 25.

• A student lost their wallet in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library,  and when it was returned, the equivalent of $750 was missing. The currency missing was both U.S. dollars and Chinese Yuan. The report was filed at 11:53 a.m. on Aug. 27.

• A wallet was found in the Pit with a fake New York driver’s license. The wallet’s owner admitted to purchasing the fake ID on the internet. The report was filed at 9:24 a.m. on Aug. 29.