Police Beat

Police+Beat

Editorial Staff

COVID-19 Violation/Underage Consumption

• Three students were found eating dinner in the hallway of the Hawthorne Inn — one of Wake Forest’s quarantine hotels. The report was filed at 8:41 a.m. on Oct. 29.    

• Students in Taylor were found drinking underage and in violation of COVID-19 guidelines. Stolen university signs were also located in the room. The report was filed at 11:40 p.m. on Oct. 29.

• Maskless students in Polo were found in possession of alcohol underage. The report was filed at 11:41 p.m. on Oct. 30. 

• An offender in Poteat was transported to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center after consuming five alcoholic beverages. The report was filed at 12:38 a.m. on Nov. 1.

• An offender in Magnolia was transported to Forsyth Medical Center. The report was filed at 12:40 a.m. on Nov. 1.

Miscellaneous

• Unknown subject(s) took secured bike from bike rack outside Magnolia. The report was filed on Oct. 26 at 10:01 p.m. 

• Unknown subject(s) damaged exhaust pipes on a student’s vehicle. The report was filed at 4:53 p.m. on Oct. 30.  

• Security at the Hawthorne Inn requested an officer after doors were found propped open. 

• A father called University Police to complain about its response to a physical altercation between his son and his roommate. The report was filed at 10:40 p.m. on Oct. 31.

• A large disturbance involving Winston-Salem State University students on Quantum Ct. resulted in numerous vehicles being struck by gunfire. The report was filed at 2:47 a.m. on Nov. 1.